Monday, May 04, 2009

Drew's Dedication, Jumperoo, and other Updates

I am not finding as much time to blog these days! Little man is keeping me busy! I kept telling my mom that Drew is NEVER still. I don't think she really believed me until she got here! He isn't crawling yet, but he is still always on the go. His little legs are constantly moving and he seems to always be looking around for the next thing!

Sunday was Drew's dedication at church. My mom and dad were able to be there. We were looking forward to Hal's parents also being in town, but his dad is trying to get over the shingles and they didn't want to take the chance of being around Drew.

We read a Bible story to Drew every night. Last week, we happened to read about Hannah giving Samuel to the Lord....very fitting! Hal and I feel so blessed to have a son and incredibly challenged with the responsibility to bring him up in a Godly household. The dedication started with our friend Heather singing Invade by Watermark. Our campus pastor, Sam Rainer, did the dedication. He issued a challenge to Hal and I as well as to the entire congregation. He also gave us a letter for Drew to open when he accepts Christ as his Savior. At the end, members of the church came up and prayed over our family. Afterwards, we went to The Broken Egg for lunch with my parents, the McGuires, and the Hollidays. It was an amazing day!









This is the best picture I could get...someone wouldn't be still!





Mom and Dad bought him a jumperoo....he cracks us up with this! He LOVES this classical baby CD that I borrowed from my friend Christi (FYI...you may never get it back). This is my ace int he hole. If he is fussy, this will always entertain him. We put him in the jumperoo and turned on his favorite song. He was quite entertaining!


1 comment:

Alisha said...

How cute!! I think he has some good rythm going on too!