Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday in Sarasota

What a great day! Hal got up with little man when he woke up at 6:30 and they had Drew and Daddy time while I slept in. We then made pancakes for a late breakfast. Later this afternoon we headed down to the park on Sarasota Bay for a walk. It was a little chilly, but we still enjoyed our walk. Afterwards, we stopped by one of our new favorite places, Morton's Market. It is a small grocery market that has a little bit of everything including Hal's favorite soft drink that you usually don't find outside of North Carolina, Cheerwine. They also have a ton of gourmet prepared foods that you can buy. We got a few different things to try and most importantly, we got the last bag of our new addiction.....popcorn drizzled with milk chocolate. My friend Samantha brought it to me in the hospital and we have been craving it ever since! Yum!

It was a little chilly and breezy so little man was cozy under his blanket.

I forgot a jacket....funny how you forget about what you need and just think about your child!

Hal and Drew walking along the bay.




Yummy....I promise this won't be around this time tomorrow! :)

4 comments:

ayejessicayo said...

That popcorn sounds really good. I want some next time I come down!! And make sure Uncle Hal doesn't go bragging to Daddy about the Cheerwine!!

Mom Parnell said...

The pictures are ok because we did have sunshine and weather in the 50's on Saturday...otherwise your name would be "mudd" to show me pictures of Drew at Sarasota Park while we still had ice on every tree!

Sunshine and nice weather today, but folks still without power.... keep those Kearney fuses coming... those would have been my Mom's words in the old days.... Remember NWA in your prayers. Lots of workers here making things right...

Malisa Howerton said...

He is getting so big!! And handsome!! I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.....I guess I probably need to make an appointment :) Malisa

Mom Parnell said...

New color scheme!!!