Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lessons Learned....So Far Anyway


1) About the time I think we are in a routine and I start to feel pretty good about myself it seems like the bottom falls out. It also seems like I can look at these times and see the ebb and flow of my prayer time and time in God's word. About the time I think I can do it on my own, God reminds me I can't. I am grateful He keeps reminding me. The frustrating times drive me to my knees in repentance and a realization of just how weak I really am.

2) There are a lot of resources out there....but the best resource is not the latest fad or my own maternal instinct. The best resource is laying EVERYTHING before the Lord and asking for discernment. Whether it is what formula to try or how to get Drew to sleep more than 2 hours at at time(which he is finally doing!), the Lord will direct.

3) Drew is my ministry. I have had to step back from something I dearly love because God made it clear to me that my #1 ministry is leading this little boy to a personal relationship with Him and the journey started from the day he was born. Right now it may be changing diaper after diaper with love and nothing else, but this is my work.


2 comments:

Mom Parnell said...

Remember one of my favorite things to say.... When God closes one door He opens a window.... of opportunity to honor Him

Anonymous said...

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3rd John 4 That's my hope and goal ~ not just for the future, but for NOW! I love this ministry of being a mom ~ even when I've reached my end, because HE is never ending! Looking forward to the 12th. Love you all, A. Kathy