Friday, November 14, 2008

Tackling that To Do List

I am feeling pretty efficient today! After going to the doctor last week it hit both us that baby day is rapidly approaching and there are several things that I really need to get done! I have had a to do list for a while...I had just chosen not to do anything on it! :) Today has been a productive day.

I finally....
1) Mailed two packages that I have been intending to mail for a few days
2) Got my Florida drivers license- this has been quite a task. The problem was that I hadn't ever trekked to the Social Security office to change my name w/ them. In Texas, it wasn't a problem, I just showed our marriage license and wala...I had a license. Not the case in Florida. I had to go to the SS office, change my name, and then wait for my new card to arrive. Then of course it came, but I put off getting my license off until today. Puffy face and all....but I have a new license.
3) Got the Florida car tags for my car- our Texas tags expire this month. I decided I better get our tags. There have been hiccups with this, but I won't bore you with the details again. At least I have the FL tag now....moving to a new state and learning their rules is smelly.
4) I took lunch to Hal as I do most Fridays and we did our annual insurance enrollment.
5) Pack my hospital bag- I also started packing my hospital bag!! Drew's is ready, but I needed to get my stuff together.
6) Schedule a time to get car serviced- I scheduled this for early next week just in case. :)

I love being able to cross things off my To Do List. I feel so accomplished. Thanks for reading my boring post.

There was just one more interesting event for the day. My oh so nice husband told me I could call a cleaning lady to do a good deep clean before little man arrives. Although I have been able to stay on top of keeping the house clean, my floors and bathrooms could use a little extra attention. I called a lady I had used to help me clean when we first moved in. She came yesterday. I was so excited to have her help me out! Last night we noticed we had a little trouble getting the toilets to flush. We didn't think much of it and Hal thought he had fixed the problem. This morning I had the same problem....and I knew something was up. I called the cleaning lady to ask if she might have flushed anything???? She said, "well I did flush the toilet bowl cleaning discs." Ah!!!! I use the Clorox toilet bowl wand to clean with. It has a disposable cleaning pad w/ a plastic disc in the center that you are supposed to throw away. The box clearly says DO NOT FLUSH. She had flushed one down EACH toilet. So.....thankfully our home warranty company was able to get a plumber here pretty quickly this morning to retrieve the plastic discs....problem solved. Geez....it is not good for a prego lady to have limited access to the bathroom.

Okay. Enough of my day! I think I am going to take a nap now. :) Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Malisa Howerton said...

Lindsay-- You crack me up! Take a picture of that nice clean house. It will never be the same!! I wish I could have someone come clean my house, but I would have to clean before she came because I would be so embarassed!! I am anxiously awaiting Drew's arrival--I know I will get a call or email from your mom as soon as it happens. Take care until then...and yes, do take that nap while you can!! Malisa

Mom Parnell said...

How many things are left on the to do list? Just wondering what may be awaiting me in December!!