Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yummy Yummy Peas

Drew was doing so well with rice cereal (meaning he was swallowing more than he was spitting out) we decided to move on to sweet peas. The results are below.

He was not to happy with me or to sure what to think about peas!

After a few bites he decided it wasn't so bad.

He finished all of his peas!


Reading his book that Aunt K got him.
I have talked with several of you recently and you say something along the lines of "We love seeing pictures and hearing about Drew but we miss hearing about you."
*I have really been challenged by the current series on the GirlTalk blog(the link is in my blog favorites). I find that I am addicted to the internet and I spend WAY too much time on it. Whenever Drew goes down for a nap, the first thing I do is run for my computer. God has given me the incredible blessing of staying at home and I know that I can use my time much more wisely. This week I have worked hard on staying off the computer and spending more time in Bible study and working on things around the house. I feel so much more productive!
* We are in our second month on the envelope system and oh my is it teaching us a lot! It is kind of scary when you really see where your money goes and you take a look at whether you are really being a good steward of the money God has given you or if you are just paying lip service to that.
*I am still amazed at how totally clueless I am about being a mother and how absolutely gracious God is to guide me through this journey. I am in a place where I feel more dependent on God than I ever have before. I can say that I have a little bit of a "know it all" mentality to my personality (quit laughing Hal and mom) and I am sure not in that place when it comes to motherhood. God has me right where he wants me....on my knees! Don't misunderstand me, I have an amazing baby. He is happy and easy going most of the time, but that just drives me to my knees more.
That is enough about me for one post....

No comments: