Thursday, October 16, 2008

A List of Things

1. I finally put out my fall pumpkins last week. It was hard for me to put them out when I could look out my back door and see palm trees in my yard. The fall season is still one of the things I miss the most about Northwest Arkansas. I have also been craving a big pot of Taco Soup. I told Hal we could turn the air way down and pretend it was chilly outside. :)

2. I have been on a Drew clothing fast for a few weeks now. I had to make myself stop! The kid seriously has a closet full of clothes. I kept finding good sales. How can you pass up cargo shorts and polo shirts for $1.99? I bought them in several sizes!

3. I love pumpkin flavored anything.....and it makes me very happy that Starbucks has their Pumpkin Spice Latte's back. It is a mouthful to say, "I would like a Grande, non-fat, decaf, Pumpkin Spice Latte with whipped cream please." :)

4. Hal is going on his annual guys weekend tomorrow. They are going to the Kentucky/Arkansas game. Saturday night I am hosting a Girls Night Out for our Sunday School class.

5. When people ask me how I am feeling, I have decided I am just going to say "big and pregnant." :) I feel great...but of course my back is hurting and I am tired, so I think "big and pregnant" will cover those.

6. I am loving studying the life of Moses this year. Hal and I were challenged by how much Moses' parents were able to teach him about God at such a young age. One of the gifts I received at my shower from a mentor of mine was a book of 365 Devotionals/Bible Stories for parents to read with their kids. On the inside cover she encouraged us to start early with the tradition of sharing these with Drew each night. We are looking forward to it!

7. We had our first class at the hospital last weekend. It was a nursing class...very informative. Our next class is our all day Birthing class the first weekend of November.

2 comments:

Don said...

Hey Lindsay Caryn. How's it going? Long time no talk. It looks like you are doing great. Congrats on the coming addition to the fam. Kids are awesome. More than anyone can ever tell you. Talk to you later, Don.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. I saw this week that Shake's is back with its Pumpkin concrete! Yummo!
Love ya!
Amanda~