Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lots of Birthday Fun

We have had several days of birthday fun! Hal waited to go to work on Thursday so he could be here when Drew woke up. Then we took him to a birthday lunch with Hal and that night let him have a birthday cupcake. He tore into it quickly! Today he had his 12 month wellness visit and his birthday party was this afternoon. I think all the birthday fun caught up with little man! He wasn't to into his cake today!

To say the last year has been amazing is an understatement. It has been filled with many challenges and frustrations, but has also been filled with laughter and full of joy. I think about how terrified Hal and I were the night we brought Drew home. We felt so ill equipped, but in His grace, we have made it through little man's first year! I am grateful to have Hal who has encouraged me every day this last year and told me more times than I could ever count that he appreciates what I do and that I am a good mom. What would I do differently? I remember my friend Kim saying, she would slow down and not worry. I agree. I wouldn't worry about how much I held him when he was so tiny. I would worry about messing up.

Now to the pictures...that is what you want to see anyway. :)

Birthday morning with Daddy!
present from Grammy and Grampy
Birthday cupcake


Reading books from Paw Paw and Maw Maw (notice he is sitting in the box they came in)
Present from maw maw and paw paw
Ready for the party!



Oh...what is this??
The crying begins. I think he was mad because we blew the candle out. He is holding on to it in this picture.

4 comments:

Kim Stroh said...

OH MY LIFE! So adorable! I thought about you guys all day and I am so glad you had such a great time celebrating your little man! Everything looks great...from Drew's stylish pants and polo to one AWESOME cake! YEAH! PS...I saw pics and fb and you look skinny minny, Lindsay!

Mom Parnell said...

As much as I love all the pics, my favorite may be the "mug shot" of the cake face!!

Queen B said...

I agree, the cake face was priceless. Wait, HE is priceless but that was one his future girlfriend will have to see!

the strykers said...

happy birthday drew! the last photo says it all- the party is always more entertaining for the parents than the kid. :-) (Wy was cranky AND tired at his party) Too cute!