Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What are we up to?

Fall seems to be the time that everything gets into full swing.

*Hal and I started a Leadership Class at our church, Sarasota Baptist. The class is a 32 week course that meets on Wednesday nights. This semester we are doing a survey of the Old Testament and the Spring Semester will be a survey of the New Testament. We will also cover Bible Doctrines and do scripture memory. We are both so excited to get to this class and the fact we get to do it together makes it even better!
*BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) starts back for me next week. This year I will be serving as Substitute Teaching Leader. I will have the privilege of teaching the Introduction Classes each month as well as teach seminars periodically. This year we are studying The Life of Moses. I am excited to start this as well....I love studying the Old Testament!
*Hal is busy at work but is getting settled into a routine. He is working long hours and has to work some Saturdays, BUT he is home every night and those hated drop offs at the airport are few and far between.
*Of course we are also getting ready for Drew. We keep talking about how fast late November/early December will come! We have his nursery almost done and I will post pictures once it is finished. We have several classes scheduled at the hospital for this fall, including a tour of the labor and delivery area next week. We were talking the other day that if I did go into labor, we wouldn't know where to go at the hospital other than the ER, so we will make sure we take care of that next week!
*We can't wait for Thursday night....the kickoff of college football! We have nothing planned for this Labor Day but watching football!

As you can see we are going to have a busy fall and a busy spring even if we weren't having a baby! I have struggled with feeling a little overwhelmed, but know that the Leadership Class and BSF are both things that God has called me to do. We are praying for childcare for Drew for two mornings a week after the first of the year so that I can continue with BSF. We know that having a baby changes everything, but we also know that we have a big God who can work out the details and is worthy of our time spent in service to Him. I repeat this to myself when I start to stress about finding childcare or wondering if I can handle it all.

No comments: