Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

My mom and dad were in town last week to help us with a few projects and of course spend time with Drew! I can't believe I didn't get a single picture of them together, but he had a lot of fun with "Rammy" and "Pee Pee" aka Grammy and Grampy. We sewed curtains and pillows, recovered a chair, refinished a dresser for Drew's room, hung curtains in 2 rooms, rearranged furniture, planted flowers, and more! I have A LOT of things checked off my list to do before Brooks arrives after our week of work. I have a few more things to do in his room and then I will have to put up a few pictures of his nursery. I love the way it is turning out!

Little man testing out the new pillows in outdoor fabric that we made.


New azalea and three planters we worked on.

So...after years of wanting hardwood floors, I just covered my living room floors! Although I love the look of them, I do not love taking care of them. They are really dark and show EVERYTHING. We found this carpet remnant at a carpet store and had it bound on the edges and then bought a really soft carpet pad to go underneath it. We love it! It so much more comfortable to sit on the floor and play.
I contemplated picking up all the toys and stuff before I took a picture, but decided against it. Most days, this is what it looks like if not worse. :)

We also hung these curtains in the dining room and moved the living room rug to the dining room. I love the way they turned out!


I had another doctor's appointment this morning and she did an ultrasound again. There was no sign of the arrhythmia at all in Brooks' heartbeat! He is still measuring big. According to the ultrasound, he is almost 5 lbs. already! We have scheduled a c-section for May 23rd if he doesn't make an appearance before then!

2 comments:

the strykers said...

You're in the home stretch! Good for you on not straightening up for the photos- I don't even notice my messes anymore. :-) Glad to hear the u/s went well, too!

Mom Parnell said...

You forgot to say we had a fun time having a yard sale on top of everything else we did.... And you also managed to take time to cook dinner for us 5 nights!