Wednesday, June 02, 2010

A little of this and a Little of That

The title of this post is exactly what we have been up to lately! Last Thursday we went down to Louisiana for Jessica's graduation. It is crazy to me that she graduated from high school! In some ways I want to forever remember her as the 13 year old she was when I met her the summer Hal and I started dating, but she isn't that girl anymore. She is 18...almost 19 and about to start college. I have been one blessed aunt to have the friendship with her that I do. I love that she can call me laughing or crying. I love that she calls me at all! She is funny and genuine and loves big. Congrats Jess! Love you!
Jess and her daddy
Giving her valedictorian speech ( Sorry for the tiny pics. I was chasing around little man, so I stole these of facebook.)
Drew ran up and sat in her lap during the ceremony...opps!

Little man outside of this yogurt place we found. It is kind of like Subway, but frozen yogurt! You pick from 8 or so flavors and then add your own toppings. Yum!


We put him a booster chair for the first time....he is getting to be such a big boy!

Hal was off Thursday and Friday for Graduation and then Monday for Memorial Day. The reality of living in a new place hit me square in the face on Tuesday morning when he left for work. After having my parents, Kim and the boys, and then Hal home for a long weekend, I was a little spoiled. Yesterday morning I panicked just a wee bit when I thought about having the rest of the week with no plans or scheduled activities!!! I had heard about a Women's Bible Study through Crossgates Baptist Church, so I called about it and we went this morning. It met in someone's home and everyone brought their kiddos. They were so friendly and I can't wait to go back. They also invited us to a play group tomorrow and I volunteered to help with VBS next week. It looks like I now have a few activities!

1 comment:

the strykers said...

sounds like you are already busy! i love that drew crawled into jessica's lap during the ceremony...priceless. :-)