Friday, April 30, 2010

Little Things

The last few weeks have been a little crazy on the house front. We thought we were marching toward an April 30th closing date, do the construction work, and then move in around mid-May. To make a LONG story short, Bank of America had initially told us that we could put money in escrow to fix the kitchen, but then when we got to underwriting, went back on that. We went round and round with them for several days and ended up switching mortgage companies as well as decided to ask the seller to do the work first. We are scheduled to close on May 14th and the moving company arrives with their truck on May 17th.

As our time here in Laurel comes to a close, I have been reminded of what a blessing this time as been. I have talked about the time we have had with Randy and how I am glad that we have been here to be an "entertainment" for him. As I sat in a swing with little man at the park this week, I told Drew that we needed to say a prayer of thanksgiving for the time we have had together. I have been able to take him to the park for as long as he wanted, play chase in the yard, blow bubbles, lay on the bed and tickle him, stack blocks and watch him knock them down, go up and down the stairs with him, and let him take an extra long bath every night. I am so grateful the time I have had to focus on Drew and not have the total responsibility of running the house. I am praying that when the busyness of life returns as we move into the house that I take the time every day to enjoy these little things.

4 comments:

Kim Stroh said...

love this post...

Mom Parnell said...

This is what brings joy to a mother's heart.... You are a blessing to me! This is kind of like an early Mother's Day card.
Love you...

Anonymous said...

You are maturing as a mom - learning to slow down and pay attention to your child!! Not always easy! Enjoy the daily little mometns. I'm proud of you!! I love that you are teaching him to pray and praise!! I praise God for your family!! Hugs to Drew!!

Alisha said...

So sweet - and so true! We take our days for granted when we are with them 24/7 yet are busy doing little household things nonstop. Hope everything is still going well with houses.