Saturday, December 20, 2008

One thing I want for Christmas

To make more time for my quiet time with the Lord each day! It seems that when Drew is sleeping and I do have the time to sit down. I can think of 100 other things I need to do and I do those first. I know that to be the best mom and wife....my time with the Lord is way more important than picking things up, surfing the Internet, or laundry. I am also learning that my time with the Lord will come in different ways. Drew responds really well to music when he is fussy or upset. We can put on some praise music and he will calm down. I find myself singing to him (poor kid) and as I sing the words I try to really listen to what I am singing. I really enjoy those times. Not only I am getting to hold my precious son, but I am also getting to sing praise back to the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! It seems like there are so many things to do as a wife and a mother before I do things for myself. I know that I could do better too. Instead of being online or doing laundry I could be reading my Bible or saying that prayer that has been on my mind. I think that if we didn't have to have sleep we would be better off!! One of my New Year's resolutions is to be a better Christian. And that includes taking time out for Him more often. Thanks for sharing!! Just know you are not alone! Malisa

Kristy said...

Don't beat yourself up too hard... remember God knows your heart and unfortunately our quiet times change as we go through some of these seasons of life.