Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Face We Can Know

One of my favorite worship leaders, Charlie Hall, has a song called Sum of Beautiful. Below is the beginning of the song.

You are the God with a face we can know
In Christ you made all things beautiful
We see Your heart of Grace in all the world
You are the God with a face we can know

I was walking through our neighborhood listening to my IPod when this song came on. I have listened to this song countless times, but for some reason, it really stood out to me this time. I kept repeating the first line over and over in my head. We can actually know the face of God Almighty....WOW...let that sink in for a minute. God is a personal, relational God. He desires a relationship with us. A relationship where we know him intimately. Just as it takes time to get to know a new friend, it takes time spent in prayer, studying God's word and in worship of Him to know Him intimately. God's character is clearly outlined in His word. When we study the Bible we can learn about Him. We learn that He is omnipotent, immutable(unchanging), holy, righteous judge, and loving Father.

No comments: