Thursday, September 13, 2007

Storm Scare

There are a lot of differences between living in Northwest Arkansas and living in Houston, but the threat of tropical storms and hurricanes may be the biggest. It is a fear of mine that a storm will hit when Hal is out of town. Usually we will have plenty of notice if a storm is headed this way, so there is no real reason for my fear. Yesterday was a little different.

I had watched the news as I got ready for BSF and they said there was a depression in the Gulf and it would more than likely impact the Houston area with heavy rain. But the storm intensified during the day and as I got to church last night, there concern about strong winds and rain. They dismissed church at 7:45 and asked everyone to be careful getting home. As we looked outside...it didn't look that threatening! My friend Kim's husband is also traveling this week. We began to debate if we needed to have a sleepover. She came over after church...as we watched the weather we realized the storm was going further east and we were in the clear. She headed home....I headed to bed. Crisis averted. Thanks for your calls and emails to check on me. :)

No comments: