Saturday, September 15, 2007

Go Hogs....and other things

I am pretty sure my neighbors think something crazy went on in our house tonight. I spent the last 5 minutes of the Arkansas game yelling at the TV. I just knew they were going to pull out a win.....I don't normally get that fired up while watching a game on TV. I guess I have been in the house by myself to long today. :) Hal is enjoying his annual football weekend with the guys in Tuscaloosa. I pick him up in the morning. Then we are off to church and then to Sam's to prepare for the cookout we are hosting tomorrow night.

Hal is co-leading a 10th grade guys small group and the kick off is tomorrow. They will be studying the 1 John Bible Study I have been working on. I am anxious to see how God uses the study in the lives of students. I know that I have been challenged immensely as I have worked through the scripture. The apostle John is so black and white in the way he writes. He doesn't leave any wiggle room for making excuses about sin. He repeatedly points out that if you are a true believer and follower of Christ you will seek to put away sin and strive to live a holy life. Not that we won't always struggle with sin. Because we have a sin nature, we will always have that battle, but Christians can't use the battle as an excuse to keep on sinning. When we acknowledge our need for a Savior, confess our sins, and repent, the Holy Spirit enters our life and we have a helper in the battle against sin. I am tired of making excuses. I pray that God will continue to convict me of sin and that by His grace I may transformed into His likeness.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect[a] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

No comments: