Sunday, May 15, 2011

Welcome to the World Brooks Parnell Ramsey

This time last Sunday night, I was timing contractions! Tonight, I am watching a precious baby boy sleep. I had said throughout the pregnancy that I didn't think Brooks would wait until our scheduled c-section date of May 23rd. Drew was born at 37 weeks and I just felt like Brooks would be early as well. Last weekend, my body affirmed that suspicion when different things that signal labor is approaching began. We ended up calling my parents on Saturday afternoon and saying we thought they better head this way. They got here late Saturday night and we got up on Mother's Day Sunday and got ready for church, but as we are walking out the door, I started having contractions and feeling downward pressure. We ended up just going to lunch and then walking around at Bass Pro for a little while (not what I had pictured for Mother's Day, but the only place that I could think of that was cool!) Contractions eased as the afternoon went on. I went on a couple of walks down the street, but was beginning to think that maybe it was going to be so soon after all. Around 8:30 or so, I began have contractions again at 5-7 minutes apart and they lasted for about an hour. I headed to bed to rest and woke up at about 12:45 with contractions again and feeling the need to push. When I got up, I started shaking and we decided it was time to call the nurse. She told us to head to the hospital. Mom and Dad stayed behind until my wonderful friend Stacey got her to stay with Drew. When we got to the hospital I was only dilated to a 2, but having contractions. Throughout the early morning, my contractions strengthened and my cervix softened drastically. By morning, my doctor came in to say that we were having a baby! They began prepping me for a c-section and about 15 minutes before they rolled me back, I began having STRONG labor pains. They took us back and Brooks Parnell Ramsey was born at 8:52 am. He weighed 7lbs. 14 oz. and was 21 inches long. We were exhausted, but so relieved he was here and healthy.

Love this picture the nurse took of Hal holding my handing during the c-section. I think I was more nervous for this one than I was for the emergency c-section with Drew.

Hello World!



No comments: