Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blessings to Remember and One Week Old

Brooks was one week old yesterday. This week has seemed like it has lasted a month, but I know they will soon start to fly by.

I want to make sure that I remember a few of the little things that blessed us over the last week. Of course we are in that sleep deprived stage and I am afraid if I don't write them down, we won't remember them.

-The timing of Brooks' birth couldn't have been more perfect. My parents and Hal's parents were able to be here. Drew was able to go to Mother's Morning Out the week I was in the hospital. His last day was Thursday the 12th.
-My amazing friend Stacey got up at 1:00 in the morning and drove to our house to stay with Drew so my parents could come to the hospital. She then kept Drew until later in the afternoon. It was nice to know he was in good hands.
-We have been visiting a church since late March. They called and congratulated us on the baby and offered to bring meals. We were blown away by their generosity.
-The countless phone calls, texts, and Facebook messages we have received from our friends around the country. Thanks for loving on us from afar!
-How blessed I am to have such wonderful parents. They have been amazing the last week. I think I often take for granted everything they do for us! From doing a thousand loads of laundry to mowing the grass to helping entertain Drew, they have been awesome.
-And I can't forget my husband. He has stepped up big time as usual. As I type this he is giving Drew a bath and loving on him even though he has put in a long day at work. He gets up with me for the 2nd feeding each night for moral support.
-It is also a huge blessing to think about having family at Brooks' birth. Hal's parents and mine were there and it was such a difference from having not family at Drew's.

The Ramsey's are blessed beyond measure and grateful for God's gift of friends and family!

No comments: