Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Zoo and a Choo Choo

Last Saturday we decided to take Drew to the Jackson Zoo. You all know this kid LOVES animals. We had not taken him before because we knew the zoo no longer had elephants and elephants are his favorite, but the weather was beautiful and we decided to go for it. He kept asking for elephants, but loved getting to see all of the other animals. It was fun to compare how much he had changed since our visit to the New Orleans Zoo in November.


I love these pics of Hal and Drew walking! It reminds me of the one in the blog header from Starkville.

He couldn't decide if he wanted to look at the giraffes or play with the other kids. Our little man is such a social guy!
Checking out the orangoutangs.
This Tiger wanted to get up close and personal with Drew.
I didn't manage to get a picture of the otter, but he loved watching them swim around.


"Mingos" in Drew language
I can't even believe I posted this picture of my prego swollen self
Watching the chimpanzees play
He wasn't sure what to think about the carousel.
This is the best picture I have of our train ride at the end, but it so doesn't capture the joy this little man had riding the "choo choo." He was heartbroken when we didn't ride again.

After the train ride, we managed to get him back in the car and we headed for lunch at Sal and Mookie's. I was afraid it would be a rough lunch because he was so tired, but he was perfect. He ate his entire lunch and his ice cream that his daddy got him for a treat.

It was a great day and we will have to take him back soon!

No comments: