Thursday, February 04, 2010

Oh Lindsay of little faith....

I have been a little frustrated with myself over the last few days. As we have walked through this process of a possible job change, we have continually seen God open doors to make this move happen. Some have been small and might not seem like important details and others have been really huge things like getting an interview. Whether large or small we have tried to take notice of each one and thank God for each of them.

We put the house on the market last Friday and heard of a couple who might be interested. I think I set up this great situation in my mind and thought I could see how God was going to work it all out so fast, but God doesn't work on my time table. The couple wasn't interested in the house. Because my plan wasn't God's, I have really been down this week and started to panic over whether we will sell the house. I know you are thinking, "Lindsay, it has only been a week." Whether it has been a week or 6 months doesn't matter, what matters is that at the heart of my panic is sin. Sin, because I am choosing not to trust in God. God had used this verse in John 12 a few weeks ago when we were waiting on the Raytheon offer and He brought it to my mind again this week.

37Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. John 12:37

We have seen so much over the last few months, but how quickly I forget and turn to panic when things don't happen as quickly as I want them to. There is no reason for me to fear or panic because I trust the Lord. He is in control of when our house sells. It doesn't matter what the market looks like or what other houses are for sale down the street. He is in control. The fear that I put myself through is useless. I can't change anything, but I can chose to trust Him completely. I don't want to live my life going from one panic to another. I want to learn from the situations God puts in our lives and face the next challenge with more trust and more faith. His mercies are new every morning and I pray that when I wake up in the morning, I face the day with a heart that trusts Him fully.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I had a thought when reading your post that might help. Have you thought about how hard it was to FIND the perfect house? God has a plan for your home to be a blessing for the new owner. Maybe you already have prayed for the new family that will live in your home, but I thought that I would suggest you specifically pray for them - whoever they are. They are possibly 'stressing' with moving details as well. Each time we moved it was a little sad to leave our home even though we were excited to journey to our next one. We always prayed that the new owners would make sure God stayed! HE has the buyer picked out, they are just not quite ready yet! Love ya, Aunt K