Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Off to Disney...

I am overwhelmed by God's grace in the little things today. We started the morning with a sick momma and a baby that wasn't feeling so hot either. We are leaving this afternoon for Orlando and I hadn't packed a thing! Very unlike me, but I just hadn't had the time yet. I was completely overwhelmed with all that needed to be done. On top of needing to pack, we had to get Hal's car to have the brakes worked on and I had an eye appointment at 11:00. As of almost 2:00, we are 95% packed, the car is at the shop, and my eye appointment has been moved to 4:00. A quick trip to Target after the eye appointment, and we will have everything we need and be ready to go when Hal leaves work. The house will be picked up and ready for any weekend showings that we might have. Instead of feeling overwhelmed by the circumstances and all that needs to be done, I am overwhelmed by God's grace and how He cares about the little details of our lives.

Today is Hal's last day at Cooper. I think it was a little surreal for him this morning. I know he is going to miss many of the people and he is grateful for the opportunities the company has given him. He has really challenged me lately as I have watched him finish this work that God gave him with absolute excellence. Once his notice was given, his hours nor his passion for his work changed one bit. I know that he is ready for the break this next week will bring.

Here are a few pics of little man getting in the Disney spirit!




No comments: