Friday, January 29, 2010

He's packing his bags and getting ready to go!

I am not sure even where to begin with this post. So much has been happening in our lives that I have wanted to write about, but it just hasn't been the right time. We are moving to Mississippi! Hal has a new job with Raytheon in Forest, MS. We are so unbelievably excited to be closer to both of our families.

Over the last few months we have seen God do an incredible work in both of our lives and in this job situation and move. I must be honest and say we said we would never move back to Mississippi. It just wasn't in our plans, but after living away from both of our families for almost 4 years, having a baby, and Hal's dad getting sick, our desires changed drastically! We are really looking forward to Drew growing up around his Ramsey family and getting to see his Parnell family a whole lot more.

There has been some wait involved with the timing of all of this. Those of you that know me, know that waiting isn't my strong point, but I must say that God has most definitely used this wait to change and refine me. I would often say, "Hal- can you believe I am not freaking out right now!" I saw myself be able to take a step back and really trust that God was in control and whatever he did was the best...the absolute best.

There is a lot going on with us right now! Our house went on the market today! We already have a showing tomorrow afternoon. As most of you know because you live here or have seen on TV the Florida real estate market is dreadful. But we have really seen God's provision and glory dealing with our house already. We have wonderful agents. The market is up as of late and our house is listed for more than we expected! We are praying it sells quickly and would love for you to join us in that. Hal starts on February 22nd in Mississippi! His last day with Cooper is on February 9th. We will be spending the 9th-13th at Disney and heading for Mississippi sometime early in the week of February 14th.

I can't write this post without saying that although we are moving closer to family. We have very mixed emotions about leaving family behind here. There are several people here who have been family to us. They have walked with us through a very special season in our lives as we anticipated Drew's arrival and then as we spent our first year as parents. They sat at the hospital until the early morning the night he was born, talked us through the early days of being parents, shared as we dedicated him to the Lord, and celebrated his 1st birthday with us. We have been incredibly blessed with the people God has put in our lives and look forward to having those friendships for many years to come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so escited for you !! I love this picture of Drew!!!! Aunt K

Mom Parnell said...

You have spoken from your heart and God has blessed you just as you have leaned on Him and His guidance. We too will miss your Florida family and the love they have shared with us as well as you.

Mom Parnell said...

Drew, you have grown so much in the last month since Grampy and I took you to Laurel. You look like a little man... with your State shirt, jeans, and bare feet...

susanna said...

Wow! This is SO exciting! We will definitely be praying for a smooth transition and for your house to sell QUICKLY! HE can do it for you! Trust Him!!! Love you guys :)

Kristy said...

Wow! So excited for you guys. Can't wait to swap moving stories .... especially since we are moving the same week! Have so much fun in Disney and think of me :) Let's talk soon!

Malisa said...

This made me cry! You have grown up to be such a great person, Lindsay, and I really enjoy all your posts. I am proud that you are my family, for sure!! I love how you lean on the Lord, and you are not afraid to say that He is the reason for everything that happens in your life. I wish you the best in the next few weeks and pray for you and your family!