Friday, September 04, 2009

Random Friday

1)  Drew loves his paci.  He only gets it when he is in the car or in his crib.  Recently we have been talking about maybe getting rid of it sooner than later.  Mom bought him this bear when she was here to maybe help ease the transition.. If you look closely he has one in his mouth and one in his hand.  I think he is trying to tell us that he will not let go of the paci easily!
2)  He has another tooth coming through.  He may look a little silly for a few weeks because it isn't one of his two front teeth, it is one just to the left side of his front teeth.  He will still be precious. :)
3)  College football is here....woohoo!  Looking forward to Saturdays watching games with my boys.  We are trying to get tickets for the Florida vs. Arkansas game in Gainesville.  We both really want to go....we will see how much we really want to go by how much we pay for tickets!
4)  It is my annual time to whine about how much I love and miss Fall!  I got my September Southern Living and couldn't even look at it for a few days.  It talks about mums, pumpkins, and all things fall.  I will just live vicariously through all of my NWA people. :)  We are going to be in Fayetteville for a week in September.  I pray it is cool!
5)  I gave a testimony at a women's event last Friday night.  I talked about my battle with self image over the years and how God has used it to draw me into a deeper relationship with Him.  It was encouraging to me to hear from women afterwards about their struggles and how they were strengthened by what I shared.  I need to write a post about it, but just can't seem to do it.  Funny how I could be so honest with 100 strangers, but have a hard time posting it when I know people know me will read it.  I need to get over that!  

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Drew sounds so much like Byron! Byron sleeps w/ one passy in his mouth and at least one (prefers 2) passys in his hands. Had plans to give it up by the time Carter comes, but the dentist told me to make sure it is gone by age 3 - well that bought me another year! We will try in a few months, right now sleep is more important! Byron also got the teeth beside his top front ones first :) Can't wait to see you guys! Thanks for calling the other day, sorry I missed you!

Susanna said...

First of all, I miss you!
Second of all, I know that you totally blessed the women that you spoke to ! Wish I could have been there :)
Third, don't stress about the paci. Jake didn't give his up until he was 2 1/2! Believe me. It's MUCH harder to do when they are not ready. He'll give it up. I found it especially hard to take it away when he was teething. I think it felt good to his gums.
Fourth, I wish you could come visit us in NC! Fall is already in the air here, and I hear from all of the "natives" that it is the BEST time of year here!

Your little dude is so precious, and it sounds like you and Hal are doing great. I just hope our paths cross again soon! :) Love you girl!

Alisha said...

I haven't tried cottage cheese - I tried plain yogurt mixed in with some food, as well as small pieces of cheese and it seems to make her sick every time so I'm holding off on dairy a little while longer. :( I didn't know if I could feed her deli meat or not so good to hear you are! She loves frozen veggies too - so easy, who knew she'd practically beg for more peas and carrots?!? Maybe this will continue?? Anyways, yes, we should chat sometime about food - I always wonder if emmy will get bored of the same foods over and over and over. :) Have a good weekend.