Friday, July 31, 2009

Random Friday

1) Guess what Daddy will be doing tonight??? We had lowered his crib halfway, but it will be going all the way down tonight! A few times this week I found him bouncing up and down on his knees holding on to the rail when I went to get him after a nap, but today he decided to pull all the way up. 2)It seems like the last few weeks have been full of changes! He is crawling, pulling up more, and is feeding himself anything that I will put on his tray. He has started laughing at himself. On the way home from having lunch with Hal today, he was just giggling to himself in the backseat.
3) I studied the life of Samuel this week. Several things really stood out to me: his commitment to follow the LORD even when it wasn't popular, the way he went to the LORD in prayer, and how he was obedient at all costs. But what stood out the most was how in just 3 years Samuel's mother, Hannah, was able to set a Godly foundation for her son. It has made me conscience of the words I say during the day. Can I use frustrations as an opportunity to pray out loud for patience? Can I use diaper changing times as a time to speak scripture or sing about who God is? I don't do it all the time...but I am working on it!
4)We are looking forward to a relaxing weekend and looking forward to my mom being here on Tuesday. I am sure you have noticed every comment she has put on the blog in the last month mentions she is coming!
5) Off to track down my crawler who just left the room!



No comments: