Friday, March 09, 2007

Chicago


After three weeks of being on the road, Hal is glad to be home this week and next. Last week I was in Milwaukee with him. We enjoyed a cold,snowy week in Milwaukee! Hal laughed at me when we drove into a parking lot and I was in amazement by the huge mounds of snow they had made to clear the lot. I mean....we get snow in NWA....but not like that! On Friday of last week, we headed for Chicago where we quickly learned why it was the windy city! Even though it was cold and snowy we had a great time walking around the city. We had great Chicago deep dish pizza, saw the Magnificent Mile, ate a Ghirardelli chocolate sundae, and did just a little shopping. We headed home on Saturday afternoon....and were glad to be back in 80 degree Houston weather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pic! but where is hal's coat? starbucks warms you up, but not that much!

love ya,
sarah l.

Anonymous said...

I want to hear about that sundae!! Love and prayers, Mom

Anonymous said...

I think you are already becoming spoiled to the mild winters of Houston! Wish I was there this week with your mom! Hope to see you next week.

Love ya,
Kathy