Monday, October 23, 2006

Wholly Yours

Saturday night we went to a Third Day/David Crowder Band concert at the Toyota Center in downtown Houston. We had both been looking forward to this concert...we must admit more so for David Crowder than for Third Day. DCB sang one of our favorite song's,"Wholly Yours", and this time we sang it in a little different light after our conversations about Romans over the last few weeks. I included the lyrics below....check them out...and then maybe look over Romans 1-3.
Wholly Yours by David Crowder Band
I am full of earth
You are heaven’s worth
I am stained with dirt, prone to depravity
You are everything that is bright and clean
The antonym of me
You are divinity
But a certain sign of grace is this
From the broken earth flowers come up
Pushing through the dirt

You are holy, holy, holy
All heaven cries “Holy, holy God”
You are holy, holy, holy
I want to be holy like You are

You are everything that is bright and clean
And You’re covering me with Your majesty
And the truest sign of grace was this
From wounded hands redemption fell down
Liberating man

You are holy, holy, holy
All heaven cries “Holy, holy God”
You are holy, holy, holy
I want to be holy like You are

But the harder I try the more clearly can I feel
The depth of our fall and the weight of it all
And so this might could be the most impossible thing
Your grandness in me making me clean

Glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
So here I am, all of me
Finally everything
Wholly, wholly, wholly
I am wholly, wholly
I am wholly, wholly, wholly
Yours

I am full of earth and dirt and You

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay and Hal,

What a joy it is to be 'Wholly His'! We are operating on His strength to even a greater extent these days. Our pastor passed away on Friday, and God's grace, strength, comfort, and guidance are sustaining our church family. Last week God gave me some verses that I shared with Pam, my pastor's wife, in seeking to encourage her and they have become a source of great encouragement to me. Check out Ephesians 3:14-21. It still amazes me that God loves such a depraved soul as mine. He not only loves me, He is going to 'fill us with the fullness of God'. WOW! I don't think we can really see God for who He is until we see ourselves for who we really are. The lyrics of the song you posted will be discussed in class this morning! I love the line about God and me being antonymns! Maybe because we are getting ready to do English! :) I have tried to listen to the track on a couple of websites, but the computer isn't cooperating this morning. But the words sing out loud and clear! May our words glorify Him today and not ourselves.

Miss you. I love being able to know a little about your life and growth. Love, Aunt Kathy

Rubies and Rewards said...

Aunt Kathy-
Mom told us about your pastor. Your family and church family have been on our hearts. You make a good point about not being able to know the fullness of God until we see ourselves as we truly are. I may have to dwell on that for a while!

We will have to make sure we get you some DCB! We love his music for the sound doctrine it has!

Love, Lindsay