Thursday, May 16, 2013

Scripture & Phone Pics

BSF is about to wrap up for the year and I have already turned my mind toward how I will keep myself in God's word this summer.  I am doing a study on "Calm My Anxious Heart" with our Life Bible Study at church and I have picked up another book that you will see later in this post.  I am excited about both of those, but I wanted to make sure I was still reading the Bible every day.  I have never done a read through the Bible plan, but decided to use my Bible gateway app and give it a try.  I am working to make it the first thing I read every morning.  So far ... so good!

Something unusual jumped out at me this week.  The reading plan started off with the story of David and Bathsheba and then went to the Psalms of repentance.  I was struck by the fact that if you didnt' realize you were in the Old Testament, that you what you were reading could have been out of the New Testament after the death of Christ.  Psalm 86:16 was also something sweet/encouraging/challenging for a mother to read. "Turn to me and have mercy on me; show your strength in behalf of your servant; save me, because I serve you just as my mother did." Oh that my boys would say that of me!  That they would see me as a servant of God!


I have been trying to use my wonderful camera more, but my phone is always so handy.  It seems like the real life pictures are captured on my phone.

 Can you say best daddy ever??? Brooks is determined to go to the top like his brother, but those short little legs just can't get him there by himself, so dad stepped in to help!
 Notice the socks and shoes.  He is crazy about his shoe/sock choice and I couldn't convince him otherwise.
 Mother's day Dinner ... clearly Brooks is not interested in a picture
 Tried again at lunch ... same result.
 How sweet are these two on their last day of BSF????
 Please stop time.  He is so big.  He was excited to sport his shirt for the school he will be starting in the fall.
 One of the books I am reading this summer.
Morning TV time.  Brooks was still for 10 minutes so Drew decided to join the fun.  Love the sweet friendship that is developing between these two.

1 comment:

Mom Parnell said...

Those sweet boys are growing up so quickly! (Just like Lance's girls)