Thursday, September 02, 2010

Anxiety

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

It is isn't something I have battled all my life, but in the last few years it seems that I face anxiety and fear often. Worrying about Hal when he traveled turned into worrying about selling a house turned into stressing over my pregnancy to then stressing A LOT of things once I was a mom. Sadly, these are just a few of the things that I can find myself lost in worry over. The verse above is a reminder to me that I have been set free from worry and fear. Christ has set me free. I can rest in the fact that God is in control. I make a choice to let anxiety and fear control me. God's choice for me is to be free from these things and to rest in Him.

Praying I make that choice today!


1 comment:

the strykers said...

I've dealt with anxiety for many years, even went to a therapist for it from 1995- 2004. I always tell myself that God will never give me anything I can't handle and I try to put my trust in him. Love you girl- hope today is better than anticipated!