Friday, August 27, 2010

Random Friday


1) Hello Random Friday....it has been awhile. Welcome back. :)
2) Drew and I were so excited to take Paw Paw out for lunch today. Not that we wouldn't be normally excited, but getting to take him out today is a really big deal!! He had his last appointment with his transplant doctor here in Jackson this morning and they released him! Since his bone marrow transplant, he has been unable to eat at restaurants and has to be very cautious about being in public due to germ exposure. He has been looking forward to his 100th day just before Labor Day, but he was released five days early.
3) Mother's Morning Out went really well this week. When I dropped him off on Thursday, he took his teacher's hand and walked right in without any tears! I was able to get a lot of errands done. Both days I spent some time at a coffee place with my Bible and my journal. It was nice to be able to sit for as long as I wanted!
4) Look a this big boy sitting in the swing all by himself. The last few afternoons have been a little cooler and it has been nice to get back outside and enjoy his play set.
5) I have start couponing this summer and I am finally starting to see the results. Our grocery bill has really gone down and I am saving big money on personal care and household items. Last week I got over $60 worth of items at Walgreens for $20. We will see how long I can keep it going.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Alisha said...

So exciting about Drew's Grandpa! Yeah! Don't you love Walgreens?!?! I wish I had a CVS too... And a chain grocery store like Kroger...oh well - I'll just be thankful for my Walgreens. :)

Rubies and Rewards said...

Alisha-I am loving me some Kroger, I am getting the hang of it and have been saving around 40% each week. I hope I keep getting better. :)