Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Girls, Painting, and Potato Head

Drew and I have had a busy couple of weeks! Grammy and Aunt K came to visit for a few days. I didn't manage to get a picture of them together. It was great to have them here. We spent time cooking, shopping, laughing, and playing with Drew! Thanks to the help of Aunt K, my freezer is stocked with meatballs, Chicken Spaghetti, and Gumbo. I think I could get used to the idea of paying for the groceries and someone else cooking. :) Last Tuesday night we had a full house! My friend Christi and her girls came up from Florida to spend a few days with us. Mom and Kathy left on Wednesday morning. It was fun to see the girls and Drew play together and it was great to spend some QT with Christi.



Drew and his girlfriends

This has also been a busy week! Drew started Mother's Morning Out yesterday. I have talked about it non-stop since I enrolled him in the spring and have been SO excited about it....until yesterday. I had serious trouble leaving him, but felt better after I picked up and looked back on all I had accomplished in my morning. He seemed to do great as well. He will go on Tuesday and Thursdays. I will have Tuesday for me and Thursday I will go to BSF.

Monday we decided to do a little finger painting. He is pretty funny about having things on his hands, but I think he enjoyed it.

You want me to do what?
This is pretty fun!
But really, get this off my fingers!!


We decided to head outside to get cleaned up. :)

We bought a Mr. Potato Head at Disney when we went in February. He hasn't played with it since the Spring. It was fun to watch him with it this morning. You can really see how much he has changed. This spring, he played with the pieces and didn't really mess with the body. You should have seen some of the creations he came up with today!

2 comments:

Mom Parnell said...

Bring potato to Grammy's next time. I would love to play with it and Drew! You forgot to mention my part of the cooking....going to the store to buy more chicken :) :)

The Rainer's said...

Lindsay, I can't believe how Drew is growing up! He's such a cutie! Glad you got to hang out w/Christy and the girls.