Thursday, March 13, 2008

If my life were a movie or a TV show.....

If my life where a movie or TV show, today it would have had one of the following titles.

Golden Girls: We had an early flight into Tampa this morning and I dropped Hal off at the plant around noon. I then headed to the hotel to check in, but the room wasn't ready yet. I decided to grab some lunch and headed across the street to a seafood restaurant. As I walk in, I notice that I am the only young, and by that I mean under age 50, person in the restaurant. As I continue waiting on my table, I can't help but start chuckling to myself. I am not sure if it is the shorts and knee high socks or the couple that walked in with matching canes w/ a flowery motif on them. I just kept thinking...this is just like the Golden Girls! I just kept laughing out loud to myself in the car! :)

Legally Blonde: I am sure most of you have seen this movie. At one point she is stressed out and is driving around a her new town and slams on her breaks when she sees a nail salon. After lunch and checking in, I decided I needed a pedicure. I called 7, yes, 7 Aveda Salons and none could get me in this afternoon, so I decided it was time to get out of the hotel and I headed to look for a good ol' nail place. After driving about 4 miles, I SAW ONE! I made a quick left and practically ran into the place. The pedicure and manicure did me good. :)

That is the recap of my first day in Sarasota.....I am househunting tomorrow with the realtor. We had a great night last night....I will post pictures later!

3 comments:

Mom Parnell said...

Glad you got those nails done!! You are your mother's daughter for sure!! :)

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you guys made it there safely! i miss you already! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for your mom and me to visit! I'll have to hurry if I am going to be one of the 'young' ones in the seafood restaurant!! What shall I wear?!! As I read this months blogs, I laughed and cried with you. Brings back some memories for us. Memories of stress, anxiety, fear, but also of excitement to walk a new path, joy in meeting new people, peace in seeing the hand of God point the way, and contentment in the new ministry He provided for us. Proverbs 3:1-10: I know these are very familiar verses, hard ones to apply sometimes, but they have/are a sweet reminder to us of just what you are realizing now - God is in Control - we need to let go and let HIM be! We will keep praying for you and Hal. Amazingly God has left us in Coffeyville for almost 8 years - the longest we have been in one place!! Love you bunches, Kathy