Thursday, January 24, 2008

Confessions of a Control Freak

It's Official....We are moving to Sarasota, FL! Hal received a phone call last night offering him the job. We still don't know exactly when all this will take place, but we know it will be sometime this spring.

Hal and I have both learned a lot through this experience over the last month. This control freak, especially learned a lot. I guess the best thing to sum up this for me, is that I finally let it go. I was so TIRED. My mind was constantly working trying to figure out what was going on, what would be the next step, what did that comment mean, what does it mean that we haven't got a phone call yet.....and it went on and on and on. I got to the point where I was literally mentally exhausted. This was just where God wanted me to. He wanted me to admit I couldn't figure it out or control the situation, but that He was in complete control of it. There was an extreme amount of peace that came with that realization. I really stopped stressing about it....I stopped trying to figure it out. The next test of this lesson approached just as I hung up the phone from learning we were moving. I must now trust God for ALL the details to come in the next few weeks and months.

1 comment:

Mom Parnell said...

You were not the only one to whom God was teaching a lesson. But is it not awesome when we surrender to Him!! May He continue to lead and bless us all as you start this new adventure for Him!