Saturday, November 11, 2006

Contentment

As I was driving to work this past week in Fayetteville...I learned a little lesson about contentment. I was looking at one of the many beautiful hills in Fayetteville that was filled with shades of red, orange, and yellow, and feeling a little sorry for myself and a little angry all at the same time because I didn't get to see the leaves at their peak. Fall is one of the many things we miss about Fayetteville. Then it hit me....for 24 years of my life, I have seen those leaves change each fall and taken them for granted. This time last year, I probably didn't even notice the trees because I wasn't content. I was wondering and worrying about when we would get married, and I was ready to move anywhere he wanted to go. And here I am one year later, I know the answer to those two questions, but still not content with where God has us....always looking ahead for what is next. God wants me to stop, take a breath, thank Him for where we are, and trust Him for where He will take us.

No comments: